Tuesday 29 July 2008

Back to reality

Ah well, holiday over and holiday write-up also over. In reality, of course, we have been back 10 days and are now well back into the routine of home and walks, Mum and Dad working etc. Tonight we meet up with (through the garden gate) our 2 mates, liver coloured pointers just up this road, and we're sympathising that one of them is wearing one of those plastic lamp shades. Not anything we've so far had to endure, but read on.

Apparently he is not bothered at all by it, but has no conception of the width of it or of the damage hard plastic can do to house paint when propelled by several stone of bouncing pointer. Their Dad says he has no paint or wall paper left at between 2 and 3 foot high, which equates to pointer neck and head height. The dog had had some "lumps removed" and needs the lampshade to prevent him nibbling the stitches.

I am off to the vets tomorrow myself, to get "done". Not sure what this means but the worst aspect of it seems to be that I've had my supper tonight after our walk but that's now it till I've been sorted - total "fast" - not even a sweetie, and not even any water after 11pm. This seems very drastic, but I gather it's for my own good. Dad's explained all this of course, but I'm a dog, so I have to pretend it's all Greek to me......

Deefer

No comments: