Tuesday 30 January 2007

Ellie-Bezel

I am one seriously grubby puppy! Have just had the time of my life romping around on the Rec' with my sister Ellie (that's her real name - but she was Beryl-the-Barrel when she was a pup, due to her (um...) plumpness, and has since been Ellie-the-Belly, but get's nicknamed Ellie Bezel, as a sort of half-way house. Anyway - last time we met we were all younger and I'd played (rough) with Haggis, so I kinda overwhelmed poor Ellie.

Now things are different. We're still the same size, but now we're equal in energy, playfulness and confidence. Ellie gets let off the lead, too, which means the that the lead-trailing circles we run in don't end up garrotting Megan or bolas-ing the humans. We ran and ran and ran - round trees, in and out of the kiddies play-furniture and their bike assault course, under hedges and nosing through the tennis court gate

I say the same size - I guess we're the same weight, but what with me having an inch and a half of fluffy scrag all around me, and Ellie being smoothe coated and slightly whispy, her legs and tail end up looking longer and her ears taller. I guess we'd look the same if we were sopping wet!

She, though, has now got all her new front teeth and lost 3 canines. I have 4 new front, but I've still got all my needle-sharp baby-fangs (All the better for grabbing you with, Haggis!)

Ah but one thing about Ellie. She hates being groomed but is a self-cleaning dog. Apparently, an hour in her own bed, all the mud's dried and fallen off her. Um... can't say that works for me. Still she'll need it. The Angel-Betty's hubby, calls her the Daz-Dog and swears her Mum puts her in the washing machine; she's always so pristine dazzling white. Not now! A hour of running around with me on the soggy Rec and she's got that "proper-dog", soiled grubby West Highland Brown look!

Go Ellie!

Deefs

No comments: