Thursday 20 September 2007

The Future....

Hi. Today finds me in contemplative mood, chewing the fat and wondering what to do with this blog. My original plan was to keep it going till my first birthday, giving it a chance to build up, if it did, a readership. I wondered whether that's how these things developed - a readership, comments, feedback etc. Well, obviously, for me, at least, that's not the case.

As of today the blog has had 554 "visits" and 1034 "page views" in it's life. First post was when I moved in with this family, on 18th November 2006. I'm not totally sure of the difference between a view and a visit - maybe it has something to do with clicking on/through the pages? Does anyone know?. This week there's been 17 visits and 39 views, which is about average - the average visit lasts 7.11 minutes, the average view 2.3 mins.
The viewers and visitors are from all around the world, which is quite exciting (a little dog loves to know that her stuff is being read from Malaya to Florida, and from West Coast USA to Poland)

I guess in all that time I've had about 20 comments, and those mainly from friends and family. All very nice and most welcome (Thanks Marko for yesterday); all positive and by people obviously enjoying the blog.

And it's great fun to do - we love taking and choosing the pictures, and posting them up, imagining people enjoying cute westie pics (it's very difficult to take a non-cute westie picture!) and (hopefully) finding the writing interesting and readable.

So, whether to continue or not - that is the question. What's weighing on me a bit is that it is all just disappearing into a void, unread and un-remarked upon. Best-Seller material, it is not. A waste of creative effort?

In truth, perhaps I'm just a bit frazzled this week, and don't want to post just so there's no gaps. Maybe the answer is to post when I have stuff to say, pictures to share, anecdotes or interesting stories to tell, and not to worry that I've not posted each day, if there's nothing special happening.

Ah well. On current form, this too, will go un commented upon, so the few out there who read this will find out whether do carry on, and the rest will not be troubled.

Deefer, with a touch of the Blues

No comments: