Saturday 17 March 2007

Westie Sextet




Fantastic Day! As well as our normal early morning, dug-Dad-out-of-bed-at-7 walk, and once Dad had got his spuds into the allotment, the humans arranged for we 3 dogs to meet up with my first family - Mollie, Hector and Archie, for a chase about round Leybourne Lakes, down by Maidstone. What a cracking venue for a dog walk - hard tracks for the humans to walk on and big lakes to house the swans and geese that we can chase (oops).
We all got on like a house on fire and quickly formed a good pack. I got lots of chasing in with brother Archie (that's him chasing me in the 2-dog photo). Doesn't he look all groomed and smart. He always was a short/smoothe coated boy, where I was (and still am to some degree) a silky blow-away mop head. He's also now a bit bigger and more muscly than me, but I am quick and manouvreable so we had a great run around.
The 6-dog photo's are superb, aren't they. One is a tribute to talking too soon. Although the park was mainly dry, there are the odd mud-wallow scattered about, and we found this one just as Dad was saying "they're keeping quite clean, aren't they". That's me in the middle of the wallow, Mollie, Hector and Arch' top of picture, and Megan and H behind me.
The lake-side pic is also fun becuase seconds later some swans swam close to the bank and I launched myself 2 feet into the water. Instead of swimming off, they hissed and came closer. I now hold the world Westie record for learning how to a) swim, b) turn 180 degrees in mid-stroke and c) beat it to the bank and scrabble out. Never mind Crufts - show me the Olympics!
We adjourned back to "their place" for more chasing about and for the humans to have a coffee.
Have a great weekend
Deefer Webb


1 comment:

Candylei said...

Great to hear your point of view, Deefer Webb! Great sight to see 6 Westies together, too.