Friday 4 May 2007

The Ancient Mariner

..he stoppeth one of three
By thy old grey beard and glittering eye
Wherefore stop'st thou me?

And all that Jazz. The Ancient Mariner and his good lady wife Barb, are chums of Mum and Dad, and fancied a walk in the Forst before the bluebells finished. So yesterday we got a lovely evening walk in Challock Forest, where the bluebells are just at that stage where they are moving from peak to "over", with one or two bells on each spike starting to wilt, dry and turn pale. We took it gently as opposed to our usual route-march (that suited Meggie down to the ground!) and went a slightly shorter route (which also suited the Lady M!), while H and I charged around

Extra treat was that with 3 humans in the car, the AM sat in the back with us and we could fuss him and he us all the way there and back. Not sure he was 100% appreciative, but heh!

It's the weekend. Mum has just video'd me with her phone. I have a big flower pot in my mouth which I am trying to sneak from the pond area to my hidey-hole, but the pot more than reaches from my mouth to the ground, so the video is an embarrassing mess of clonks and bangs as I keep knocking the pot off kerbs and plants. Very difficult to see round, a large pot.

Dad came home smelling of Hugo the Dane, once more. He has stopped off on way home with Jezz for tea and cookies. They have a plan to try to get some cute pics of tiny me and enormous Hugo, always assuming that he doesn't try to kill me with a first bite! Eeek!

Have a great weekend
Deefs

No comments: