Thursday 24 May 2007

The Dog Shelf


When most people talk about the "dog shelf" they generally mean the floor, but we really have one - look! All the best Terrace/Patio tables have a shelf, it seems, and that's where I've taken to resting while the humans eat and chat. Keeps me that bit closer to the food smells.


They're out there again tonight as the dusk falls, watching the antics of (they are sure) a huge stag beetle manouvring clumsily and slowly about on the wing. They also have a Bat Detector, which they set to 50 kHz, and then listen to the squarks, buzzes, clicks, squelches and farts of the bat sonar, as the wee beasties wheel and flit, dive, turn and loop between the bay tree and the house. Or is it just an excuse to sit out in the warm evening with a Metaxa ?


Oh - I am told I have "come on" though I don't know for sure what that means. I am 8 months and a week.
Weekend's a-coming in
Deefs


No comments: