Wednesday 2 May 2007

Happy Birthday Megan! 11 Today!


Ooops - what a negligent Pup I have been, not posting since the weekend, what with T coming over from Ireland and Dad working long hours - things have been a bit chaotic
But today is Meggie's 11th Birthday; 77 in "real money"! Happy Birthday Megs! Will I ever be that old? (Not if you persist in the trouser-biting-on-the-stairs routine! Dad). Her Birthday "cake" will be raw pork-ribs, which is Westie Heaven
I have a report that brother Archie has been found guilty of muppetry. First-Mum, was given a picture of real Mum and Dad (Hector and Mollie) sitting on their sofa, as a present by New Mum and Dad (lorks!) when they collected me as a pup, and she's been using it as a wall paper on her computer ever since. Well allegedly Archie spotted it the other day and started shouting at it, trying to climb the furniture to get at it and would not leave First-Mum any peace to work, so she was forced to change the wall paper. Dogs on TV is bad enough (see our Crufts entries earlier) but pups taking agin' your humble PC is another thing
Wildlife Dept.
1) Grey squirrels are now a regular visitor to our garden, and when we spot them they are regular users of the safe haven which is the Albertine rose all up the back of the house. When we "tree" a squirrel up there, Megan and I are steely-eyed killer dogs, sitting with ears and eyes (eyes fixed and dilated!) focussed on the squirrels' hidey hole, willing him to come down and play with us. We won't hurt you, little squirrel! We whimper and cry occasionally and sometimes do that single "YAP!" thing, which is all about shocking the little treasure into falling out of the Albertine. My pic, by the way, is Meggie looking out of the back door - the Albertine is directly above her head, out of shot.
2) Collared doves are now so intent on requiting, that today in the Rec there were two billing and coo-ing (and um... requiting) that I raced over to get them, but they didn't fly away, so I slowed and slowed (Mum laughing out loud at my indecision), till I was 3 feet away. Then I stopped, willing them to scarper, so I could chase them.... nothing doing. Eventually frustration got the better of me and I sat down and went "REFFF!!" at them. They flew off then!
Love from us all - and more Birthday Greetings for the ol' gal
Deefer

No comments: