Tuesday 7 August 2007

Happy Birthday Haggis (10) and Dad



Happy Birthday to You

Happy Birthday to You

Happy Birthday Dear Haggis

Happy Birthday to you!!

Yes, the "H" is 10 today. Our "birthday cake" is a couple of big meaty raw pork ribs each. Megan and the H set to, to chew theirs to destruction on the terrace. Being a dog of very little brain, I race down the garden with my first one to bury it in secret (In the chicken run under the James Grieves, but don't tell any one!), racing back to be ready in case there is a 2nd one on offer.

I sit and wait while Meg and H eat theirs, looking on longingly, with my stomach rumbling. You'd think I'd learn. the 2nd ones only get given out when M+H have finished their first ones, and again M+H eat them on the terrace while I race off to the chicken run. I am sure Meg will not find mine there. Are you?

Net result is that I've had no pork yet, and have watched, drooling, while M+H have slurped and cruched through 2 bones. Am I doing this right? Dogs bury bones, surely? It's what they do.....

Meanwhile, Dad finally gets to enjoy his 50th birthday present from Mum, a day's sailing on the lovely old Sailing Barge, "Greta". More of this later. M+H were allowed on last year, so they've done the trip all round the wind farm in the Swale and the Redsands WW2 forts. But there is this scurrilous suggestion that I would be over the side in 10 minutes, and every 10 minutes there after, so we all got to stay at home this time. More later, but for now feel free to click on www.thamesbarges.co.uk which will give you some idea

Cheers

Deefer

No comments: