Saturday 2 December 2006

The Biggest Day

I have had the BIGGEST day today. So much stuff that I wonder how I fitted it all into 1 day.

My first proper walk, for a start. There was a brief hiatus when the posh Paris-bought harness proved to be faulty (one of the plastic snaps was not properly made and wouldn't stay closed, but we bodged it with a fetching bit of ribbon. Dad will buy a new harness today - so I'll be Parisian lead, Kent-bought harness for a while). Then we were off, the 100 yards along the fairly busy road (Mum keeping me on a tight rein) to the Recreation Ground ("The Rec"). Puppy heaven. Carpets of fallen autumn leaves, Megan and Haggis running about chasing squirrels, me allowed off the lead once we were well away from the cars. Fantastic

Dad texted the Angel Betty and she came back saying she'd photo us all on our return, which she did.

Exhausted breakfast

Mum is off to London for a meal with friends and colleagues and, would you beleive, a Tango lesson, so we were at a loose end back at the ranch

We went down to where I was born, to visit my real Mum (Molly) and Dad (Hector) plus brother Archie. Again, "Fantastic". I was welcomed in with much tail wagging and lots of excited racing about the house - pretty much what we then did for the next three quarters of an hours without stopping - all around the red carpet, under furniture, out into the kitchen and garden, round and round.

Everyone is amazed at how different Archie and I look. I have the long-haired fluffy look (which old-dad Steve, says exactly matches a pic he has of Hector at 6 months)while Archie is smoothe, short coated and with that hard terrier coat, that Jack Russells have. The books say we're meant to have a double coat - the hard coat for rough-country, mixed in with the silky soft under-coat for warmth and waterproofing. Nobody told our DNA. I have all the fluff, Archie, all the hard-wearing stuff

Completely whacked by the end of this - slept all the way home in the car, then for a good 2 hours after, only waking up at 9pm for a chase around with Haggis

More tomorrow

Deefer

No comments: