Saturday 9 December 2006

Sister Act



Well - the world is getting bigger, broader and much more exciting, all in a rush. I have now been for 2 "proper" walks (as opposed to a quick amble to the Rec and then a charge-around-in-circles). The first, yesterday saw us all down paths and through countryside to where dad has his allotment, and then we went on a (soggy) tour of inspection. More of a mud bath than an allotment at present

Then today, an even longer one which took about an hour, down lanes and paths in a big circuit to some feilds where I was allowed off the lead (I prefer to follow Haggis about than run off), down to the tidal creek which was our Town's original reason to be. We saw where they now restore the 100 year old Thames Sailing Barges (100 years! Wow! I'm not even 100 days yet!), and then we strolled along the creek bank up on the levee, making a big circuit back to home

And then, Excitement of Excitements, Dad got a text to say that my Sister (Ellie) was being taken to "our" Rec for her first ever walk outdoors, and we were to be there to meet her. The photo shows us minutes after greeting (It's a dog thing, that sniffing bums!). Haggis is behind us, Megan off to the right. I am (obviously) the shaggy, grubby individual, and Ellie, in spanking bright white, is yet to be soiled by the outside world.

I was off the lead and I must admit I probably piled in a bit fiercely (OK, rolling her on her back and growling MIGHT have been a bit strong!), and the humans decided it was in nobody's best interest for Ellie to be beaten up on her first ever walk, so (shame) I was put back on the lead. There-after it was all a bit more sensible, and Ellie quickly grew in confidence. Dare say she'll be beating me up next time, as the word is I'm a bit of a tart and a scared-y cat. Great fun though to see her again and , yet again, the Angel B was on hand to take pics, so I'll put up a few of those over the next few days

The humans are drinking mulled wine

Sigh.....

Deefer

No comments: