Thursday 7 December 2006

Fred Basset


A quick pic of me out on my first ever walk, taken by Angel-B with Haggis in the background getting up close and personal with my posterior. Snazzy lead and harness huh?
Talking of walks, had agreat one yesterday evening, as dusk fell. Out across the Rec again where there are acres of space, was chasing Haggis around. 50 yards away, Megan who had been doing "stand-off-ish" was suddenly swept away by her inner tart, when a 9 month old Basset hound appeared on the scene. Aloof? Huh - she was soon romping around like a pup herself, chatting up this new talent
Before long the two had moved over close enough to us that we all suddenly merged into one mad scrum of playing dogs. The Basset (I admit, almost as cute as me!) was called Fred (Dad says that's compulsory for male Bassets), and he was great. I'm told the more of these good social meetings I get during my "formative" weeks, the better, and off the lead is better than on. So far so good - loads of meetings and nobody has actually beaten me up yet! I may come out of this a half way sensible Westie
Maximum stairs descent now 6
Success at peeing on paper or outdoors, rather than carpet; approx 70%
Success at pooing as above.... hmmm... we'll draw a veil over that one
Pricked-up ear count 1 (unless facing into wind)
(Good luck Theo-whoosh)
Love
Deefer

No comments: