Sunday 17 June 2007

Kazoo Orchestra

It's all over, and I think I rescued dad just in time. The humans are truly mad, and yesterday, completely lost the plot. They started by cooking out of doors in a barbecue made out of 2CV bits. This did not, as predicted by Meg and the H, result in a shower of meat bits from on high, although the odd kind human snuck us bits of sausage and burger.

There was also much drinking of something appropriately French, called Pastis. At one stage a Hong Kong Chinese guy turned up pushing a bike with a puncture. He was called Herbert (I kid you not) and was riding from London to Belgium, but his bike was described as "like one you'd drag off a scrap yard". He got all the help he could need with the bike, plus liberal Pastis, and was then invited to join us at our barbecue, and to camp with us for the night, which he accepted. He had a sense of humour (needed one) and at one point he joked (I think) that if we kept hassling him for scraps, we'd find out if it was true that he ate dog. Gulp

We then all retreated into a tent for a raffle, a lucky dip called the SCUM bucket (don't ask), and then all hell broke loose, as the humans dished out plastic kazoos and proceeded to make the most unholy racket, en masse perforoming warfilm theme tunes (633, Battle of Britain, River Kwai, Geat Escape etc) as well as the Marseillaise, Jerusalem, Land of Hope, plus assorted other tomfoolery.

I was completely freaked out by this - even Dad was blasting away. Me and the "grown ups" had to charge around barking and running in and out of the marquee. Madness

Today though it's been a much quieter day as we all helped take down the tents and stuff. I mainly helped by walking to the middle of any tent canvas that was being folded up to stop it blowing away. I was, I have to admit, also very grey again, from my habit of diving under oily car engines. The joke went round that Dad had trained me to do this and would clean your sump for a quid.

Now though, we're all home and I have been shampoo'd AGAIN. Must be a record for the most baths in a week

It's been a gas , but now I'm tired oput, and could sleep for a week

Deefs zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: