Sunday 10 June 2007

Owen


A real scorcher! Hot sun, blue skies and not a breath of wind! A treat for all of us. Mum and Dad take us to visit friends of theirs in the village of Dunkirk who, 9 years ago, bought one of Meggie's own pups, a very handsome fella called Owen (named after the footballer, Michael Owen). Meg and Haggis are always delighted to see their son again, so they were all romping around happily and I liked him too.
I mean REALLY liked him. Came over quite un-necessary in fact, so that the humans were making sideways comments about tarts and flirting and holding my tail in an unusual way and never leaving him alone. He didn't mind. There were rueful looks too. I gather that Owen is the last in Meg and H's "line" and Mum and Dad were harbouring low level dreams about my future and possible continuation of that line, but a recent medical issue has led to him being "done". Bad timing, I guess. Never mind - I love him anyway.
But what a day we had. We had lots of time to race around the garden (see pics of Owen and I on the sun deck, and the two of us romping on the lawn), and then we were all taken on a gorgeous, rabbit-filled walk all through the orchards to the Red Lion pub in Herne Hill, so that Dad and his mate could try out the extra cold Genius. The we walked all the way back. That was hot. We all cooled off by either lying in the shade (Haggis, Owen, moi) or jumping into the pond! (Go Meggie!)

Hope you had a great weekend
Deefs



No comments: