Thursday 30 November 2006

Real "Brushing" ; a second swim

Amazing co-incidence. There I was yesterday, chatting about blow-dries and poshe dog grooming in la France. Today I acheived a goal that I've been trying for, for weeks. In the garden here, there's a low brick wall making a rectangle, about 5 courses high-no more. A small pup can stand on her hind legs and peer up to look over the top, just, but not jump over.

Or she couldn't. With the Angel Betty round today to let us all out for a pit-stop, I was mooching around, as one does. Then when she wasn't looking properly I "mooched" over to this wall and had a go at leppin' up and over it. To my amazement, I suddenly could. To my amazement, the top of the wall was only 4 inches wide, which is not a lot of distance for a speeding westie to stop in. To my amazement the rectangle held a rather weedy, overgrown, duck-weed infested pond!!! Suddenly I was paddling about and swimming between the pickerel weed and goosefoot, the duckweed and waterlily. It was cold and wet! Green with duckweed and soggy with black mud. I squeaked for help, but Betty was already running my way

So, to cut a long story short, with the boss away, I was suddenly, having my first bath, in Dad's "Belfast sink" - warm water, shampoo, Uncle Jim holding me and Angel Betty doing the honours. Even got a blow-dry, Jim holding me while Betty brushed and held the hair dryer. So now I am fragrant, white, fluffy and gorgeous, and in disgrace at the same time!

Betty has apparently taken some photos of me covered in duck weed, so I'll post those when she sends them.

More tomorrow. By the way, If you're reading this and having a laugh, please do say so. I sometimes feel that I'm writing these blogs into a black hole, read by no-one. It would be good to know that one or two out there are enjoying them

Deefer

No comments: