Monday 16 July 2007

Steely-Eyed Killer Dogs

Tonight I am steely eyed killer dog, intrepid hunter, stalking through the undergowth (Alstromeria) in persuit of the elusive prey. This involves a fair amount of crashing and banging as I use my "stealthy woodcraft" and SAS tactics to get behind the rectangular pond, and at one point a wobble-rattle-splosh as the chunk of wood I am balancing on on the edge of the pond falls in, as I lep' off in the nick of time.

The prey is highly dangerous and can turn on you in an instant, so the utmost care and vigilance is required. It is capable of the most amazing turns of acceleration. This work is crucial to the family survival. I am totally engrossed and in a world of my own. I can't understand why Meggie and the H look on from their comfortable repose on the terrace, with expressions of boredom.

The prey? Swarms of half-inch long frogs!

Yay me!
Deefer the Brave

No comments: